- Stunningly designed gardens with wonderful views of Wicklow Bay.
- The property is light filled and extremely spacious, all finished to an extremely high standard, ideal for family living and entertaining.
- Excellent broadband from Wicklow Broadband.
- Ashford is within a 7- minute drive from the property, home of the famous Mount Usher Gardens. It is also home to the renowned Ballyknocken Cookery School, Tinakilly House and Hunters Hotel.
- There are a number of schools such as Scoil Na Mhuire Gaelscoil, Holy Rosary, Nun's Cross Primary school, and St. Patrick's in Wicklow Town
Clare Connolly Estate Agent is delighted to present this utterly charming unique 4 bed property to the sales market. Birch Hill is a mere 7 minute drive from Ashford Village, close to schools, churches and shops, yet set within wonderful gardens in the heart of the country. The property has been lovingly renovated and sensitively extended to create an integrated modern living experience in a stunning location. The property is light filled and extremely spacious, all finished to an extremely high standard, ideal for family living and entertaining. The accommodation consists of four generous sized double bedrooms, beautifully appointed, two of which are ensuite with walk-in wardrobes. The kitchen-family room is the breathtaking heart of the home, the large skylight in the impressive high ceiling flooding the area with natural light. It features natural Kilkenny lime stone floors, underfloor heating, a wood burning stove, double hob/oven and French doors opening onto a beautiful and sunny patio area, ideal for el fresco dining and parties. The dining room is spacious yet wonderfully cozy with original wattle and daub fire canopy with an adjacent sunroom affording terrific views of the garden, over countryside and to the sea. There is also a sitting room with a mezzanine level and an upstairs study, as well as a large utility room off the kitchen and a spectacular family bathroom with free standing bath and feature shower. Oil fired central heating. There is excellent broadband from Wicklow Broadband. Fully alarmed. Ample parking. There are two stables on the property and it stands in 5 acres. This is the ideal property for people who like outdoor pursuits with lots of walks, golf, fishing, horse riding, sailing, cycling and so much more nearby. The house is surrounded by extensive, skillfully designed gardens, including raised and practical vegetable beds, as well as extraordinary views extending to Wicklow Bay and on a clear day beyond to Mount Snowden in Wales. Ashford is within a 7- minute drive from the property, home of the famous Mount Usher Gardens. It is also home to the renowned Ballyknocken Cookery School, Tinakilly House and Hunters Hotel. There are excellent restaurants and bars in the area, a lively Community Centre and a delightful children’s playground in Ashford village. Roundwood is only 10 minutes away, Glendalough (west), Greystones (north) and Wicklow (south), are all only 15 minutes drive. There are also a number of schools such as Scoil Na Mhuire Gaelscoil, Holy Rosary, Nun’s Cross Primary school beside Ashford, and St. Patrick’s in Wicklow Town. The Number 133 bus travels directly from Ashford to Dublin Airport. For an easy commute, Greystones is a 15-minute drive. Parking is available at the DART Station, and the tram travels to the city centre within 15 minutes. International travel is easy with the car journey to Dublin airport only taking 50 minutes. The AirCoach airport bus also departs from Greystones.
‘Left’ side of the house
- Lounge/Recreation Room (4.48m x 4.08m)
- Upstairs Mezzanine/ Library (3.61m x 1.53m)
- External Porch: (3.06m x 2.02m)
- Kitchen/Dining Room: (7.49m x 4.33m)
- Upstairs Office Space: (3.38m x 2.76m)
- Conservatory/Sun Room: (6.55m x 2.53m)
- Double Bedroom (Off the Conservatory): (6.56m x 2.53m)
- Twin Bedroom (Off the Conservatory): (5.15m x 3.73m)
- Ensuite (off Twin Room): (1.92m x 1.56m)
- Walk-in Wardrobe (Off Twin Room): (1.92m x 1.56)
Total Area of left side of house is circa 130sqm (1,399.30 sq.ft)
‘Right’ side of the house
- Kitchen/Living Room: (8.78m x 5.03m)
- Yoga Room: (6.86m x 5.12m)
- Rear Twin Bedroom (on mezannine level) (5.28m x 4.98m)
- Utility Room: (2.46m x 5.86m)
- Main Bathroom with shower: (3.34m x 4.04m)
- Master Bedroom: (7.15m x 5.12m)
Plus ensuite: (2.74m x 1.35m)
Total Area of right side of house is circa 174sqm (1,873 sq.ft)
Total area of house measures circa: 304sqm (3,272.2 sq. ft)
The house stands on 5 acres.
Garage: (Plumbed) 5.23m x 2.88m (15.06sqm)
Stables: (with electricity) 4.52m x 4.07m x 2: (36.79sqm)
If we include the garage and stables, the accommodation measures circa: 51.85sqm + 304sqm = 355.85sqm (3,830.33 sq. ft)
Viewing by appointment. Please contact Clare on +353 86 1618471 or the office on +353 1 2164724 if you wish to view this property.