- Private one acre site with magnificent trees and shrubs including Azaleas Rhododendrons, Camellias and a 200 year old Olive tree, 2 varieties of Chestnuts, and a Walnut tree to mention but a few. S
- Easy access to the South Link road, and Cork airport which is approximately 25 minutes commute
- Stone wall exterior and electronic gates Easy access to all routes, Cork-Waterford road, Jack Lynch Tunnel, Dublin Road, Cork Airport
- Foto wildlife park, Foto Island hotel and Golf Course are nearby, Fota is one Irelands premier golf course-
- The Irish open was played here in 2002
- Ideally located, unique home private setting,-
- Now is your opportunity to purchase a "Martello Tower" and one you can call home.
DNG Murphy Condon are proud to present this once in a lifetime unique property. The Martello Tower a 3 bedroom family home with further potential, stands on approximately one acre of mature gardens. The property commands panoramic views of the Estuary and Belvelly Bridge which is an elegant stone arched piece of architecture. which links the Great Island to the mainland.
Fota Island Resort and Golf course are nearby. This course is one of Ireland’s premier golf courses, the Irish Open was played here in 2002
The Martello Tower was built in 1813 and is steeped in both military and colloquial history, it was built to protect the coastline from a possible French invasion. It was one of five defensive structures built in Cork Harbour. This Martello Tower has lasted a long and solid and lifetime since its establishment however the interior of the Tower did sustain some damage in the 1920s during the Civil War when an explosive device was detonated, causing damage to its interior walls, flooring and a section of its domed . The roof however left the solid exterior was untouched.
Today you will not see hide nor hair of the civil war attack, you will be amazed by the restoration work carried out, while retaining many of the original structure features. They skillfully designed and added their own touch to make this a stunning, unique, and secure functional family home.
The property stands on an acre of garden and trees. The tower itself is 1500 sq. ft. renovated to a new glory with a living quarters, master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, main bathroom, one Double and single bedroom. The top is an open roof terrace that has potential for further use with the addition of a Glass dome roof subject to planning The Martello Tower was built in 1813 and is steeped in both military and colloquial history
The roof is an open plan accessible by stairway, only renovated structurally the roof gives a step back in time to its military and colloquial history. Out on the roof you can glance out onto the stunning scenery of Fota island with a 360 view of the region and Belvelly Castle, just a few hundred meters away The Pivot of what used to hold a cannon still remains on the roof, the entire platform can be further renovated subject to planning permission and an architectural flair.
We are inviting offers in excess of €800,000 for this unique property, which has a previous price tag of €1,500,000 a few years ago. https://www.castles.nl/belvelly-martello